Tuesday 3 January 2017

Chicken and Mango Korma

I promise this is the last post from me tonight!!!

I'm back to blog the recipe I cooked for our dinner this evening.  It's a Slimming World recipe from a calendar that came free with one of their magazines.  I've struggled to keep on plan these last few weeks.  Not just with Christmas and New Year but we've also done a lot of entertaining these last few weeks and also not having much time to plan and cook healthy meals.  I first cooked this recipe a few months back when we had friends over for a curry evening and my daughter enjoyed it so much she asked me to make it again.

The syns in the recipe are because the mango has been cooked.  I looked at the recipe several times wondering where the syns were until the penny dropped lol!

Anyway, even my husband who likes his curries hot enjoyed this recipe so I'm sure you will too.



Chicken and Mango Korma


Serves 4

1.5 Syns per serving

Ingredients:
2 onions, 1 quartered, 1 chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled
50g root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
2 tbsp korma curry powder (I used Schwartz)
low calorie cooking oil spray
4 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
400ml chicken stock
200g peeled and stoned mango, cubed
1/4 tsp sweetener (I used Stevia)
150g fat-free Greek-style yogurt
1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
Boiled basmati rice and lime wedges to serve

Method:
Put the quartered onion, garlic, ginger and curry powder in a food processor and blitz to a paste.  Spray a large frying pan with spray oil and fry the chopped onion until soft.  Add the paste and cook for 2-3 mins until bubbling and fragrant.

Stir in the chicken, stock, mango and sweetener then cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

Remove from the heat and stir in the yogurt and coriander.  Serve with rice and lime wedges for squeezing over.

It's a very simple dish but also fragrant and tasty.  Definitely one I will keep coming back to.

Hugs,
Shona xx






No comments:

Post a Comment