Monday 11 August 2014

Raspberry & Blueberry Cake

Hi there,

Welcome to my very first post on my new cooking and baking blog.  Tonight's recipe is one I found in the current (August 2014) Asda Magazine.  I thought it would be a perfect recipe to use some of the blueberries my husband has been growing in the garden.  The raspberries were grown locally at Wester Hardmuir and the eggs are also from a local farm.  I love using local produce when it's available.


Raspberry & Blueberry Cake

Serves 10 approx 

Ingredients:
175g butter
175g caster sugar
3 large eggs
225g self raising flour
Finely grated zest 1 orange
75g fresh raspberries
75g fresh blueberries

Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4.  Line a 2lb  loaf tin with baking paper.  Beat the butter and sugar until soft and creamy.  Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and adding a little flour if the mixture begins to split.  Fold in remaining flour and the orange zest.  Wash and pat dry the fruit with kitchen towel to absorb as much moisture as possible.  Gently fold in the berries.  Turn into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.  Leave to cool on a wire rack.  This will keep for a few days in an airtight tin.

Please come back and visit soon, I hope to keep adding to my blog as I make and photograph some of my favourite recipes.

Shona xx





No comments:

Post a Comment