Wednesday 9 November 2016

Bacon, Leek & Mushroom Crustless Quiche

Hi there,

I'm not long back from my first time going to a craft club.  I really enjoyed having 2.5 hours to myself to craft.  I took 2 images to colour and  my whole collection of Promarkers as well as the baby blanket I'm knitting.  I will definitely go back again.

Today's recipe is one I made for lunch for myself and my husband today.  I'm sure it will do us tomorrow too if it lasts that long!  I tried out a similar recipe last week for our Slimming World 'Taster Night' but using Smoked Salmon & Asparagus and following a recipe from Pinch of Nom and it went down very well.  This time I've changed up the flavours and gone larger mainly because the only size of silicone cake mould I could find was a large square one and my first attempt was a little flat.  I've used a little bit of reduced fat cheese in the recipe but feel free to leave it out if you don't want to use any of your Healthy Extra A



Bacon, Leek & Mushroom Crustless Quiche


Serves 4-6

1/4 - 1/6 Healthy Extra A per portion

Ingredients:
Low calorie cooking oil spray
1 leek, sliced
6 medallions of bacon, chopped
250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
1 tsp dried chives
12 eggs
3 tbsp quark
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
40g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated

Method:
Heat the spray oil in a frying pan, add the leek and bacon until the leek is soft and the bacon is turning golden.  Add the mushrooms and cook for another 5 mins or so until they have softened.  Add the chives.

Meanwhile, beat the eggs and quark together and season well.  Spray an ovenproof silicone cake mould with a little spray oil then place the leek, bacon and mushroom mixture on the bottom.  Top with the egg and quark mixture then sprinkle over the grated cheese.

Bake in a preheated oven at 190c for 35 mins.  Leave to cool in the mould then transfer to a plate or chopping board to cut up to protect your mould.

Serve warm with Slimming World chips and veggies or even better the next day cold with a salad.

This recipe could be adapted for lots of different flavours.  I think my next one might involve some Slimming World sausages - watch this space!

That's all from me tonight.

Hugs, Shona xx




No comments:

Post a Comment